Perform A Good Deed In Secret

by - August 05, 2014

As human beings, we like to be credited for the work we do. We wish to be seen doing good and want others to think well of ourselves. However, we mustn't forget that our main purpose and aim in life is to please our Creator, Allah. Instead of wanting others to thank and appreciate us for the work that we do, we should always remember that Allah is watching us and He will give us all the blessings we deserve for doing good deeds. 


To remind myself of Allah and to remember that Allah will reward me for the good that I do, I: 
Try everyday to perform a deed that no one knows except Allah and I.

Sometimes it can be the smallest deed, but sincerity makes it heavy on the scales. I like to think of it as a secret between me and Allah, that no one needs to know of. This means that if I see someone's things lying around, I can pick them up and put them in the right place, without reminding  them constantly of the good I did for them. These little acts of goodness add up. It truly draws you nearer to Allah and helps you to create a stronger bond with Him. I think we just need to be reminded sometimes that we won't always be credited for doing good in the world...by the world. But Allah is always watching, and will always reward you for the good that you do: "And whatever good you do, surely Allah knows it well" [Holy Qur'an 2:216]. When you keep this in the back of your mind, soon that one good deed a day changes to two, or three or four...and you soon begin to realize that there's no need to walk around reminding everyone of your good characteristics and the good you do. It also helps to lower you ego and pride, overall helping you to be a better person.

So let us all remember these words of wisdom and InshaAllah, we can all become closer to Allah and be better people. 

Take Care! 



You May Also Like

0 comments